Dr. Tim Hall, Founder of Religion Matters website and blog
I had a fantastic night hosting #sschat on July 12th on religious literacy in education. My Twitter chat session was titled: “Religion Matters in Every Classroom.” It was full of participation and energy from teachers across the nation. But if you didn’t have time to catch it on Twitter, I have compiled the Q&A from the hour-long Twitter chat in today’s blog. I hope you find the questions and answers practical and valuable for your classroom.
##SSCHAT Religion Matters in Every Classroom
Answer #4 a
Answer #4 b
Tough question!?!? @Lindakwert speaks to this question in Teaching about Religion in the Social Studies Classroom published by @NCSSNetwork. You can read more on this topic on the Religion Matters blog here: religion-matters.com/blog/to-have-r
- Informative text by the National Council for the Social Studies: Teaching about Religion in the Social Studies Classroom.
- Take a look at the following professional development resources:
- Be sure to read the article in the @washingtonpost by Linda Wertheimer (@Lindakwert)
- Check out Chris Murray’s (@Mrmurraytweets) 10-week course with Drexel Online this fall
- Finally, Check out the resources on the Religion Matters website.