Dr. Tim Hall
I had a fantastic night hosting #sschat on November 15th on teaching the holidays. The Twitter chat session was titled: “The Difficulty of December: Teaching Holidays.” It was full of participation and energy from teachers across the nation. But if you didn’t have time to catch it on Twitter, I have compiled the Q&A from the hour-long Twitter chat in today’s blog. I hope you find the questions and answers practical and valuable for your classroom especially with the approaching holidays.
##SSCHAT Religion Matters in Every Classroom
- Informative text by the National Council for the Social Studies: Teaching about Religion in the Social Studies Classroom.
- Take a look at the following professional development resources:
- Finally, Check out the resources on the Religion Matters website.
- Article: The December Dilemma: Acknowledging Religious Holidays in the Classroom at Edutopia featuring Charles Haynes
- Article: Teaching the Holidays: The December Dilemma in Edweek featuring Linda Wertheimer
- Article: How Can Public School Teachers Handle the December Holidays? by Linda Wertheimer
- Great fact sheet! Tanenbaum Fact Sheet
- Vicki Garlock’s FaithSeekerKids